July 22, 2005

FIRST SQUEEZE OF THE DAY

THIS IS WHY I REMAIN ANONYMOUS
NADINE Haobsh, the 24-year-old beauty editor behind the formerly anonymous blog "Jolie in NYC," isn't the only mystery fashion blogger The Post can report on this week. Yesterday, the Pulse section wrote about Haobsh, an editor at Ladies' Home Journal (see Page 9). Now, well-placed snitches tell us that the primary scribe behind imaginarysocialite.com is Faran Krentcil, 23, who writes for fashionweekdaily.com and burbles about beauty for New York Magazine. Krentcil claimed ignorance of the site yesterday, telling us, "I write at least five stories a day for Fashion Week Daily — when would I have time to write a Web site? But if I start writing for it, I'll let you know." We doubt it. The "imaginary socialite" has belittled the likes of rag trade power players Karl Lagerfeld ("a total weirdo"), Kate Spade ("she's so functional, it's boring"), As Four ("I hate seeing them at parties, SO pretentious") and industry bible Women's Wear Daily, which it refers to as "WWDon't." Only time will tell if Krentcil's bosses at fashionweekdaily.com will continue to allow her to tweak the fashionable figures it covers.
NICOLE'S TOO YOUNG TO BE A HO
FORMER Hollywood Madam Heidi Fleiss claims Nicole Kidman was ditched from the movie version of her life because she's too old. "It had something to do with age," Fleiss told msnbc.com's Jeannette Walls. "She'd have to play a 22-year-old, and she's nearly 40 . . . but then they said, 'How about Hilary Swank?' I said, 'Great, fine, whoever.' I would have said, 'Great, fine, whoever,' if they had said Roseanne Barr. I stopped paying attention because I'm focusing on my future, not my past." However, Kidman's rep insists Fleiss is full of it: "She was never attached to it and is no longer even considering it."
GO DIVA!
Supposedly, when Eminem performed at the opening of the House of Blues in Atlantic City, he demanded use of a Gulf Stream 5 jet, 80 hotel rooms for his entourage, 20 buckets of KFC fried chicken and five cases of Yoo-hoo.

YOU'RE IN THE HOOD NOW BABY...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com