August 19, 2005

GOSSIP 2 GO 8/19

I DREAM OF ALBA?
A SEQUEL to this year's "Fantastic Four" is in the works, and the original stars are set to reprise their superhero roles — except for Jessica Alba. After starring in the first flick with Michael Chiklis and the lesser-known likes of Ioane Gruffud, Chris Evans, and Julian McMahon, the sexy starlet is uncertain the follow-up would be a judicious career move. Instead, we hear Alba has agreed to star alongside Jimmy Fallon in the movie remake of the classic sitcom, "I Dream of Jeannie." She'll get to show a lot more skin than Barbara Eden, who was forced by censors to cover her navel. Alba declined to comment.
NEW JIM JONES VIDEO FEAT CUTIE TREY SONGZ
Jim Jones is out with the video to his new single 'Summer Wit Miami', featuring Trey Songz. Watch it online in high or low formats.
BRITISH POP STAR COMES OUT THE CLOSETmark_feehily_unbreakable_dvd02tn
Westlife(the Bristish NSYNC) star Mark Feehily has revealed to The Sun that he is gay. "I want people to know the truth about my sexuality. I am gay and I'm very proud of who I am," the 25-year-old revealed. "I'm not asking for any for any sympathy, or to be a role model to anyone else. I simply felt it was the right time for me to let people know the truth. I have never tried to hide who I am from anyone, but I'm a very private person and in the past I haven't felt the need to say anything about my sexuality. But I want people to know I'm very comfortable with who I am." Read more.
PEROXIDE BOY BLUES
MTV News reports that two days after Eminem abruptly canceled his European tour, citing exhaustion and unspecified "other medical issues," his spokesperson revealed that the rapper has been hospitalized for a sleep-medication dependency. Read more.
GRANDMA HAS A FEW WORDS
Eminem's grandmother Betty Kresin tells Radio 1 that the rapper has had a lot of family problems to deal with including the fact his mother Debbie is seriously ill. "He's my grandson but I have no comment," Kresin said. "I know enough - my grandson cancelled his tour because he's ill. Sometimes, we get sick - we do! He's been through a lot too - he's lost two uncles. I pray for my grandson. I've been praying for three years for my grandson Marshall, and his mother Debbie to get back together." Read more.
AUNTIE AND UNCLE SHOW LOVE TOO
Documents obtained by The Smoking Gun indicate Eminem is being sued by his aunt and uncle, who claim that the rap star welshed on a promise to buy them a home and pay a yearly $100,000 stipend in return for their relocation to Michigan. View documents here
LAURYN DUETS WITH A LEGEND
Here’s a match made in R&B heaven. Lauryn Hill and John Legend are in the process of recording several tracks together for both of their upcoming solo albums, according to reports.
British newspaper the Daily Star says the pair has already begun work on two tracks, one of which will appear on Hill’s forthcoming album “Khunami Phase,” the other on Legend’s new CD.
"Lauryn got in touch with John and congratulated him on his Gap ad with Joss Stone,” a source told the Daily Star. "They chatted for a bit then she presented the idea of them working together again - which he jumped at. Neither track is finished yet. They only got down to business last week."
Seven years ago, Legend lent the Fugee a hand on her 1998 hit single “Everything is Everything.”
MANNIE FRESH ABORTS BABY
The end of an era has come to Cash Money with news of Mannie Fresh’s departure from the record label. The producer, who has been the label’s exclusive beat architect since its inception, tells Ozone Magazine that he has severed ties with the once-thriving enterprise, following earlier exits from artists Juvenile, B.G. and Turk.
"It's official that I'm not with [Cash Money] no more, but I'm doing my own thing," Mannie told Ozone. "It ain't a situation where we gonna be name-calling and going back and forth. It's just me maturing. It's time for me to do me. It's no bad blood."
Mannie, B.G., Turk and Wayne said that a Hot Boys reunion project is being considered, but most of the members say it is not likely to drop via Cash Money, and there is drama over whether Baby is to be invited to the party.
"Everybody wants to do it, but the fact is, they don't want [Baby] involved,” said Mannie. “That's how the whole thing came to be. They asked me if I wanted to do it, and since three of the four Hot Boys don't want Baby to have no part of the project, that's the way it's gotta happen."
Wayne, however, told Ozone: "Maybe we will do a reunion album. That's what I heard, but the boss [Baby] gotta agree on that first. They could say he's greedy or whatever, but the boss still gotta agree on that for me to do anything.
"I could say I agree and I wanna do it, but still, if he don't agree, I can't do it. And I'm the President of Cash Money Records now, so it'll have to be released under Cash Money. Baby would have to sign off on it cause he gonna have to get his too."
AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL REVEAL NEW MODELS
Harlem native Bre, Cali student Ebony and Nik from the A.T.L. are among the fresh bouquet of 13 beauties vying for the title of UPN’s “America’s Next Top Model,” which begins its fifth cycle on Sept. 21.
Executive produced and hosted by Tyra Banks, the show will be based in Los Angeles again this season, but last cycle’s downtown loft has been traded in for a mansion in Bel-Air.
Nole Marin and the “world’s first supermodel” Janice Dickinson have been permanently removed from the judging panel in favor of 1960s fashion icon Twiggy and runway diva "Miss" J. Alexander. Both will join holdover judges Banks and photographer Nigel Barker.
The winner of "Top Model" scores contracts with Ford Models, Cover Girl and a fashion spread in Elle magazine. The winner will also appear on the cover of ELLEgirl with Banks.
Check out the contestants for yourself on UPN’s web site: http://www.upn.com/shows/top_model5/.

1 comment(s):

I luv the new background.

By Blogger Dono819, at August 19, 2005  

Post a comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com