September 12, 2005

ask holiday

I am always sent e-mails from people wanting my advice on everything from financial woes to what color makes an ass look smaller.I have to admit that I am no expert on anything but I know a lot about everything and my opinions runneth over.
I've collected some of my more recent e-mails that I've decided to share with you and I'll answer them here.

Dear Holiday:
I am loving you and your blog.I just started a blog of my own and I wanted to know how do you find something interesting to talk about every single day?
The Blog Virgin

Hey Blog Virgin:
It's definitely very hard to come up with new stuff when you're doing entertainment blogging.I mean when everybody's blogging about the same stuff you have to find a way to put your own spin on things.I find it easier to come up with different columns like Model Citizen,Gossip 2 Go,etc.. the trick is to write about things you like and experiment..some things work and some fail terribly but it's all fun.

Dear Holiday:
I'm gay and I feel like I won't ever be in a happy relationship because I'm not that perfect 10 every guy is looking for.How can I make myself one of those people that gets all the attention at the clubs or gets cruised walking down the street?
Wanna-be Head Turner

Hey Wanna-Be:
What you need is a big ass chunk of self esteem.You need to realize that any guy that is into you for looks alone is an asshole,sure looks is the first thing that draws people in but look at all the ugly people out there in great relationships.Not to say that you're ugly.
If you're not happy with the way you look and feel, don't change for some man,change because it will make you happy.
These are things that all men look for take note:
Confidence-feeling comfortable in your own skin is a turn on.
Smile-a good smile is always the first thing that someone notices.If yours needs some work definitely look into investing into some dental work.
Body-if you feel uncomfortable with your body,it can be worked on also.Get a trainer or read books on how to realisticly get the body you can achieve.Try going to the gym and asking someone who has the body you want,how they did it.Get a really great skin regimine for your skin type,great skin is always a plus.
Style-it's not all about name brands(did I just say that?) well if you can't afford it,it's not about labels.It's about finding out what colors look best on you,what clothes hide what you want to hide and flatter what you want to accentuate.
Just keep in mind that you're doing this for you mainly and the man is secondary.Have fun!Makeovers are great esteem boosters.

Dear Holiday:
I really don't want to start college this fall,I don't think it's really necessary to go to school to be a musician and I have no idea how to tell my mom.Do you have any suggestions?
Music Man

Music Man:
I knew when Kanye West titled his debut album College Dropout there would be people who said he did it so can I.Well guess what?He is not the average.The world is full of musicians waiting for their big break and although a lot of them get it,most times it does not last.
You should never go through life without a plan B or C. Even if you don't want to go to a 4 year college,what about a 2 year or a technical school? Having a "just in case" is the best thing you could have.College represents stability,safety and independence to a parent.I'm not going to give you some kind of suggestions to give to your mom,I will say that you should give her some assurance that you will have some kind of stable plan B,do it for you also.If it's hard out there for people with degrees right now to find work,do you know how much harder it is for those without?

If you have questions/problems that you would like my advice on,feel free to e-mail me at holiday_n05@yahoo.com

1 comment(s):

Excellent advice as always. You're on point.

By Blogger E, at September 13, 2005  

Post a comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com