September 16, 2005
GLAM-LIVINGThis is the 3rd installment of Glam-Living where I give you tips on living glam on a budget.The past 3 installments have been about creating an at home spa.Herbal baths and body wraps were the past articles and today is about hand and foot treatments.Men,do not be turned off by these treatments..we like a man with a little roughness to him but we also like a man that knows how to give us that Smooth Operator look and feel also.
1. Add 2 tablespoons oatmeal to 1/4 cup water and let stand 10 minutes until oatmeal is softened.
2. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon olive oil to oatmeal and mix well.
1. Rub mixture into your hands and let stand 1-2 minutes.
2. Rinse with cool water and pat dry.
3. Apply moisturizer to your hands and let it soak in 10-15 minutes
That's it..you should have smoother nicer looking hands in no time.
large plastic or disposable pan
olive or peanut oil
1. Place 1 tablespoon dried thyme in a large measuring cup and fill with 1 cup hot water; let steep for 15 minutes and strain.
2. Pour 1 gallon hot water into the large pan; add thyme mixture and 1 tablespoon olive or peanut oil to water and stir lightly.
3. Soak feet in footbath 20 minutes; add more hot water as needed.
4. Dry feet carefully, especially between toes, and massage with a penetrating moisturizer.
5. Put on some clean, white, cotton socks to let the moisturizer soak into your skin and soothe your feet.