September 19, 2005

A YEAR AND A DAY

LAST MORNING OF FREEDOM FOR LIL KIM

"It's been nonstop since the day I found out," Lil' Kim told Newsweek. "I knew when the verdict came down and then the sentencing, that I didn't have any time to play around. I had to get the album done, and all the other things in my life settled quickly. I'd never done an album so fast before, and in a way it was a good thing. The music just kind of rolled out."
In addition to the new album, Kim was trailed by a camera crew for the last several weeks for a proposed reality series, titled Lil' Kim Goes to the Big House.

The rapper has said she will use her time in jail to pen new lyrics, as well as to write a book. Her lawyer told the New York Times that Kim will also be working her way through a substantial reading list, including titles such as The Autobiography of Malcolm X, Maya Angelou's I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings and the self-help book The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom.

"What happened to me wasn't fair," she told Newsweek. "And lots of people let me down. A lot of people I thought were my friends turned on me--but I'm still blessed. I've never been the person to turn on my friends. That's just not who I am." "I'm a God-fearing person, so I try not to be scared of anything," she told the New York Times. "The unknown always makes you a little nervous and curious, of course. I've got to leave my family, and that makes me more depressed than scared."

1 comment(s):

I am sad for lil kim. She may be a plastic surgery mess soon, and wear more make up than Mary Kay, but... I dont want her to go to prison. *sigh* This whole situation sucks.

By Blogger prodigalsun, at September 21, 2005  

Post a comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com