October 27, 2005

GOSSIP 2 GO 10/27

WNBA STAR COMES OUT THE CLOSET..YES JUST ONE
WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes says her reason for finally deciding to come out as a lesbian is simple.
I'm just at a point in my life where I'm tired of having to pretend to be somebody I am not, the Houston Comet tells writer LZ Granderson in a new interview with ESPN the Magazine. I am tired of having to hide my feelings about the person I care about. About the person I love.
Swoopes said her partner, Alisa Scott, was probably the best friend I had when I was going through the tough times in my marriage. The 34-year-old Brownsville, Texas native, who led the Comets to four WNBA championship titles, was married to football player Eric Jackson. They had a baby boy named Jordan in 1997 before divorcing two years later. But Swoopes says the reason for the split was not because she was gay. In fact, the 2005 WNBA MVP says she did not always know she was gay.
Do I think I was born this way? No, says the three-time Olympic gold medalist. And that is probably confusing to some, because I know a lot of people believe that you are. I've been married, and I have an 8-year-old son. Being with a man was what I wanted. When I got divorced in 1999, it was not because I am gay. I am three years older than my ex-husband, and I matured a lot faster than he did.
Alisa, Swoopes says, helped her through the pain of the divorce.
She was a basketball coach, so we had a lot in common, she says. She would ask, Have you guys tried marriage counseling? Have you done everything you can possibly do to save your marriage? And I just said, You know what, I don't want to save my marriage. I don't. I'm done with it.’
And so Alisa and I continued talking as friends. The thought of being intimate with her or any other woman never entered my mind. I've had plenty of gay friends I've hung out with, but that thought never entered my mind. At the same time, I am also a firm believer that when you fall in love with somebody, you can not control that. Whether it is another woman. Whether it is another man. Whatever.
Swoopes hopes that her emergence from the closet won’t cause fans to view her any differently. My biggest concern is that people are going to look at my homosexuality and say to little girls -- whether they are white, black, Hispanic -- that I cannot be their role model anymore. I don't want that to happen. Being gay has nothing to do with the three gold medals or the three MVPs or the four championships I've won. I'm still the same person. Iam still Sheryl.

BABY MAMA DRAMA FOR YOUNG JEEZY
In his child support hearing on Tuesday, rapper Young Jeezy was ordered to turn over financial statements of his earnings to lawyers representing his baby mama, Nicole Dykes.
Dykes is seeking higher support payments for their 9-year-old son because his income has changed dramatically since 2001, when the court set the monthly amount at $178.
In court depositions, Jenkins denied owning anything expensive, including mansions, cars and jewelry. But Dykes’ lawyers, who are seeking $20,000 in expenses for their client, pointed out in a press release that he offered his mansion to displaced Hurricane Katrina victims, and wears a blinged out snowman pendant around his neck worth thousands of dollars.
The judge said Jeezy must prove that he is living on a modest income for a judgment to be made in his favor. But if he is fails to disclose an honest account of his income, the judge will assess child support based on the lifestyle of a wealthy rock star.
The judge ordered the rapper’s attorney to turn over his bank statements to Dykes’ attorneys and told the lawyers to file subpoenas for other financial information from Jeezy’s Corporate Thugs Entertainment company by Friday.
The parties are scheduled to return to court on Nov. 29 to set the amount of child support.

CHECK THIS VIDEO OUT
Mary J. Blige and American Idol finalist Tamyra Gray star in a new promotional film short titled Romeo & Juliet for Swedish apparel maker H&M. The clip, directed by Dave LaChappelle, is a contemporary twist on the classic love story. The video begins with Blige at a party singing the song Dream.” Gray shows up in the Juliet role opposite singer-dancer Gus Carr, who plays Romeo. When Romeo is shot, Gray breaks out in the Dreamgirls showstopper, And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going. The film was created to promote H&M denim, the chain’s new line of designer jeans. To watch the video, VISIT THIS SITE AND THEN CLICK DENIM

THE GAME IS SERIOUS
The Game has constructed a new recording studio in Atlantic City to house Black Wall Street East, an arm of his Black Wall Street company which has its main office in Los Angeles. The Compton-born rapper is also planning to open Black Wall Street facilities in other cities across the country, including New York, Atlanta, Miami, Detroit, Chicago. He also hopes to create 100 jobs when the Atlantic City facility is completed.

DOES SPIKE LEE DO THE RIGHT THING...ACTRESSES SAY NO!!
With films like Malcolm X" and Get on the Bus," Spike Lee has established himself a provocative explorer of America's racial divide. But as a young director, Spike didn't know jack about shooting a sex scene.
Rosie Perez still shivers when she remembers the very disturbing sequence in "Do the Right Thing in which Spike, playing her boyfriend, rubbed ice cubes all over her body.
"I had just lost my virginity in college, Perez recalls. "I found [the scene] much more exploitative than what I had read [in the script]. … Eventually I burst into tears and I said, Don't keep filming.
It was irresponsible to put me in that position. He was the older person, the captain of the ship.
To Spike's credit, Lee includes Perez's complaints in his new memoir, That's My Story and I'm Sticking to It.
The book also quotes Lee's sister, Joie, saying her sex scene with Denzel Washington in Mo Better Blues was nothing less than horrible. [It was] just humiliating, humiliating. I seem to experience that a lot with my brother.
Likewise, Annabella Sciorra has unpleasant memories of her Jungle Fever romp with Wesley Snipes.
I called Cut! because Wesley took off my underwear and I didn't have anything on underneath, says Sciorra.And to my knowledge that's not what we were doing.
Spike's mind may have been elsewhere. Randy Fletcher, assistant director on Jungle Fever, recalls one morning when Spike asked him a question: Why hadn't Fletcher told him that Spike's then-girlfriend, Veronica Webb, who was in the film, had gone to bed with a few people we know? (Webb wrote in her own 1998 memoir that Spike put sexual pressure on me, causing her once to swing a Louis XIV lamp at him.)
Spike found no more joy getting into bed - in a business sense - with Miramax honcho Harvey Weinstein. Lee says Weinstein warned that he wouldn't make Girl 6 unless Spike cast another former Lee flame, Halle Berry. Lee finally landed her, but says he still branded Weinstein a fat bastard.

STAR'S HUBBY SPENDS A LITTLE TIME IN THE SLAMMER...A LITTLE VACATION AL?
Al Reynolds, the husband of The View costar Star Jones, was arrested shortly before 3 a.m. Wednesday for allegedly driving with a suspended license, New York TV station WABC reports. Police pulled over the former Wall Street trader on Manhattan's Upper East Side for changing lanes without signaling, they said. Ultimately, Reynolds spent more than 12 hours in custody because the 19th Precinct station's fingerprinting machine malfunctioned, reports the New York Post – which claims Jones herself never appeared at the police house, despite her husband calling her. Instead, reports the Post, publicist Brad Zeifman arrived and said, "Al Reynolds was detained last night and issued a desk appearance ticket for a driving-license suspension due to incorrect DMV paperwork." When Reynolds was finally sprung, he nodded when asked if he was okay after his lengthy visit. "Yes, thank you," he replied.

2 comment(s):

eeeewww @ Spike

By Blogger Gray.se, at October 27, 2005  

Hmmm...sounds like I have some fodder for a Star bashing sequel...*LOL*.

Double the eeewww @ Spike and Wesley. Pervs.

By Blogger E, at October 27, 2005  

Post a comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com