December 11, 2005

R.I.P. RICHARD PRYOR

One of the funniest and most influential comedians in history died on Saturday.Richard Pryor will be missed and forever remembered as fearless,thought provoking and of course funny as fucking hell.
richard-pryor


Here are a few quotes from Richard Pryor:

ON RACISM AND RACE

I live in racist America and I'm uneducated, yet a lot of people love me and like what I do, and I can make a living from it. You can't do much better than that.


I went to Zimbabwe... I know how white people feel in America now, relaxed! Cause when I heard the police car I knew they weren't coming after me!

I went through every phone book in Africa, and I didn't find one goddamned Pryor!

ON RELATIONSHIPS

Marriage is really tough because you have to deal with feelings... and lawyers.
I believe in the institution of marriage, and I intend to keep trying till I get it right.

ON DRUGS
I couldn't stop. I put the pipe down. It jumped back in my hand.

[ Richard Pryor as a TV preacher] People are always asking me, "Reverend; if you need money so bad, why don't you sell one of your houses, or cars or get rid of some of that jewelry?" And I always reply, "Are you crazy!" [looks at the phone bank] How much money have we raised so far? None! OK, this is a message for all you white people out there. Part of the money we raise tonight will go to the Back to Africa movement and... [every phone rings]

I like makin' love myself, and I can make love for about three minutes. I do about three minutes of serious fuckin', then I need eight hours sleep! And a bowl of Wheaties!

There are two billion chinese people livin' in China. That's how you know someone's doing some serious fucking...


Richard asking a man in prison a question(stand up skit):
Richard: Why'd you kill everyone in your house?
Prisoner: Cuz they was home.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com